Frequently Asked Questions for prospective employees
- Vacancy notices are posted on our website (for at least 5 working days) on the Job Openings page.
- Applications can be obtained at the Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Centers or electronically on the HR homepage. However, all applications must be returned to the Marion Center.
Yes. See the Hiring Guidelines attached to the Application for more information. The WESD application is available on the Jop Openings page.
A minimum of three reference checks are required for each candidate considered for employment. If a candidate who is a current employee already has 3 appropriate reference checks on file, the hiring department is not required to obtain new reference checks. The form lists at the top from whom references must be obtained (current or former supervisor, etc.). References must be people not currently employed by WESD.
All Temporary Positions must complete the following for their files. Each department is responsible for submitting complete paperwork to HR:
- Yellow "New Temporary Employee" Process Form
- Temporary Employment Agreement for current fiscal year (may not overlap fiscal year beginning and end dates)
- Employment application, including Background Questions, Background Information and Disclosure Release sections.
- Three reference checks completed by the hiring department, according to standard reference check policy
- Emergency contact sheet
- I-9 signed by the candidate and completed and signed by a staff member of WESD
- Sealed Fingerprint Card with completed & notarized Fingerprint Criminal History Form. Must include a check made payable to WESD, or cash in the amount of $62.00. Please include temporary payment agreement form. (Fingerprint instructions are located with the department's Administrative Assistant or in the HR office.)
- There is a fee to have prints taken at the police department and that fee varies but is normally about $20. The $62 charge to WESD is paid to ODE for processing fees.
- If fingerprints have been processed with ODE within the last 3 years, please come to HR and ask for a release form.
- Fingerprints for temporary employees are to be completed every three years; unless there is a break in service of over one year, in which case they must be completed again before the employee can start work.
- Green "New Volunteer & Student Workers" Process Form
- Volunteer Application, including Background Questions & Background Information sections
- Emergency contact sheet
- A criminal background check is mandatory if individuals are not TSPC Licensed and there is no background check on file. Criminal background checks cannot be transferred from another agency. The cost is $5.00 payable by cash or check to WESD.
If the student is under 18 years of age, he/she must fill out a criminal background check (form 581-2282-M) without making a payment, and include the form with their paperwork.
Human Resources sends a letter of regret to those who have interviewed for a vacancy and have not been selected for the position(s).
- Job Openings
- Job Information
- Staff Resources
- WESD Committees
- Contact Us