Project Solutions Group
Who We Are
The Project Solutions Group (PSG) are specialists in providing construction management related services for school districts. We offer project management, construction management, constructability and building commissioning services for school districts throughout the State of Oregon. In the past 9 years, the Project Solutions Group has successfully managed over $200 Million in construction services.
We are Unique in Several Ways:
- We can provide a “concept to completion” array of services. This means that we are prepared to support school districts from the pre-bond phase to construction closeout with a consistent process and staff. Or, districts can pick and choose from a menu of tasks to assure a proper fit with district capabilities.
- We are specialists. We provide construction related services only to school districts. Therefore, we have a high degree of expertise in these building types.
- As a program of Willamette ESD, we are exposed to a wide array of educational support services in addition to those related to construction. This gives us a special insight into the needs of school districts.
- Because our entire agency is dedicated to the support of school districts, we are a natural advocate for our client districts in the area of construction management services. We play the role of an extension of the districts staff.
- As a not-for-profit entity, we can offer our services at competitive rates.
Providing the Following Services to School Districts
- Project Management
“Concept to Completion” is our project management motto. We provide a menu of services from which school districts can choose. The client benefits by having any or all of these services provided by a single entity.
- Construction Management
We provide hands-on, experienced construction managers on your site to represent the school district’s interests in the areas of cost control, schedule compliance and quality.
- Constructability Reviews
The Constructability reviews identifies potential claim or problem areas and deficiencies that may occur as a result of errors, ambiguities, omissions, discrepancies and conflicts in design documents.
Pre Bond Services (PBS)
- Community Surveys
- Master Project Budgeting
- Master Project Scheduling
- Facilities Bond Strategies
- Community Meetings Facilitation
- Public Information Management
Post Bond/Pre-Design Services
- Facilitation of Design Team Selection
Design Period Services
- Budgeting/Cost Management
- Schedule Management
- Quality Review
- Design Review
- Constructability reviews
Construction Period Services
- Project Administration
- Project Cost Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Construction Quality Monitoring
- Management of Separate Owner/Contractors/Vendors/Consultants
- Warranty Management and 1-year Walk through
The Project Solutions Group provides hands-on, experienced construction managers on your site to represent the school district’s interests in the areas of cost control, schedule compliance and quality. Our managers act as an agent for your district and as your advocate in any issues relating to the construction or modernization of buildings. Special emphasis is put on claims avoidance and team building.
A constructability review is a cost control technique which is based on the review of project construction documents (drawings and specifications) by architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, construction, civil, and other design professionals prior to bidding. The constructability review identifies potential claim or problem areas and deficiencies that may occur as a result of errors, ambiguities, omissions, discrepancies and conflicts in design documents.