The Willamette Career Academy is harnessing the power of connection and collaboration to become a regional hub for career/technical innovation. The program will serve students and business partners from across Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties. The WCA is modeled after Salem-Keizer School District’s outstanding Career Technical Education Center and Clark County Washington’s highly successful Cascadia Technical Academy. These programs have experienced robust participation and enthusiasm by both students and industry partners alike. Cascadia Technical Academy has reached students from across their region for over 30 years.
Through Mountain West's generous support, the former Toys-R-Us storefront on Lancaster Drive in Salem, Oregon, has been secured, and construction is underway.
The Willamette ESD, representing the region's 21 school districts, has entered into a memorandum of agreement with Mountain West, and is fully committed to program development and the program's ongoing operations.
Regional school district superintendents and school boards are committed to the Willamette Career Academy, and have pledged support and financial resources. This state-of-the-art program will prepare students for in-demand jobs, and provide access to further education and training in career pathways.
Regional economies will benefit greatly from access to highly skilled workers, making our region more attractive to business and industry investment.
The Willamette Career Academy project team will assure program development goals are met.
- Project Leadership Team - Executive leadership from Willamette ESD and Mountain West Investment, Inc. will assure program viability and sustainability.
- Willamette ESD Executive Council - Regional school district superintendents will oversee and approve project milestones.
- Willamette Career Academy Subcommittee - Under the leadership of project consultant, Chuck Ransom, the subcommittee provides input and guidance on program development.
Project Team membership displayed HERE
Willamette ESD contracted with PointNorth Consulting, Inc. to support initial project communication. Their tasks included:
- Assess stakeholder engagement
- Facilitate development of the project mission, vision and values
- Develop initial branding elements
- Create a strategic communications and promotion plan
Their report can be viewed below.