Crisis Response TeamThe Marion and Polk Regional Crisis Response Team is a school-based crisis response team. The goal of the Crisis Response Team is to assist schools in regaining stability in the wake of a crisis by supporting students and staff members experiencing loss, grief or trauma. The Crisis Response Team also supports the school administrator’s efforts to manage the many details associated with the response to a crisis.
Situations to provide assistance:
- Death or serious injury of a student or staff member
- A traumatic event or any event which polarizes, isolates or shocks people, such as the arrest of a staff member
Crisis Response Team assistance often includes:
- Crisis management procedural support for building administration
- Coping strategy information for building staff
- Support Rooms for students and/or staff in crisis
- Monitoring and counseling for students/staff in need
- Filling in for building staff so they can deal with the crisis
- Facilitating community referrals and networking
- Support in organizing/planning a school memory activity
- Assisting with follow-up needs
School administrators can request Crisis Response Team support through WESD.
Contact: Kristilyn Woolner Crisis Response Team Program Coordinator Phone: 503.385.4761
For complete information download the Crisis Response Team Manual.
For detailed information about the Crisis Response Team structure, function and services please contact the Program Coordinator.
For those interested in becoming a member of the team, please contact the Program Coordinator regarding upcoming training for new members. Districts outside Marion and Polk Counties are encouraged to send representatives to these trainings to support crisis response in their areas.