Crisis Response Team
The goal of the Crisis Response Team is to assist schools in the Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties in regaining stability in the wake of a crisis by supporting students and staff members experiencing loss, grief or trauma. The Crisis Response Team also supports the school administrator’s efforts to manage the many details associated with the response to a crisis.
Situations to provide assistance:
- Death or serious injury of a student or staff member.
- A traumatic event that polarizes, isolates, or shocks people.
- Crisis management procedural support for building administration.
- Coping strategy information for building staff.
- Support Rooms for students and/or staff in crisis.
- Virtual support for students and/or staff in crisis.
- Monitoring and support for students/staff in need.
- Filling in for building staff so they can deal with the crisis.
- Facilitating community referrals and networking.
- Assisting with follow-up needs.
Request WESD Crisis Response Team support by calling 503-385-4761.
Interested in becoming a Team Member?
Please fill out this Google Form or contact the crisis response coordinator listed below.