In partnership with public mental health, law enforcement, and juvenile justice agencies, the School Safety Services provides Student Threat Assessment & Sexual Incident Response to all participating school districts in Marion, Polk and Yamhill counties.
Services provided include the following:
- Initial and annual update training to key staff in schools regarding the Level I in-building threat screening process of students or situations of concern
- Consultation to school teams
- Coordination of Level II threat assessments in which a trained three-member multi-disciplinary team completes an on-site assessment of risk, and assists in management and intervention planning
- Preparation of timely written Level II threat assessment summaries
- Provision of an education representative on multi-agency student threat assessment teams for Level II assessments
- Provision of ongoing support for difficult cases, and assistance in establishing a direct pathway to community services