Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special EducationThe Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education (EI/ECSE) program provides services for children from newborn to five years of age.To qualify for services, a child must have a significant developmental delay or disability that meets Oregon eligibility guidelines related to speech and language, motor, social-emotional, learning, vision, or hearing.If a child is determined eligible to receive services, an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) is developed by the family and the education team. This plan is based on the child’s individual strengths, needs and goals. Services are designed to support learning and development, and include the parents as important partners in the education process.
Services are at no cost to the family. Referrals for evaluations and/or services can be made by a parent, physician, preschool staff, childcare providers, nurses, family members or anyone concerned about a child’s development.
All specialists are licensed by the state in one of the following areas:
- Special Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- EI/ECSE Staff Directory
- Marion County Specialized Preschool/Speech Groups
- Parent Calendar - Specialized Preschool/Speech Group
- Polk & Yamhill Counties Specialized Preschool/Speech Groups
- Registration Flyer Marion or Polk/Yamhill
- Specialized Programs Parent Handbook English or Spanish
- Specialized Preschool/Speech Classrooms