Willamette Curriculum Coalition
Founded in 1993, the Willamette Curriculum Coalition (WCC) is a primary vehicle for carrying out the School Improvement and Services (SIS) Department's work with local school districts. The Coalition brings together ideas, talents, and resources across districts to help schools better prepare all students to reach high standards. WCC is guided by a leadership team of teachers, principals, curriculum directors, and other administrators representing each member school district and organization. WCC's main focus is providing locally responsive and high-quality professional development programs to enhance teaching and learning.Mission: To assist member school districts in improving teaching and learning.Vision: By leveraging ideas, talents, and resources through collaborative efforts with other education and youth-serving organizations, the coalition will help member schools navigate relevant reforms and prepare all students to reach high learning standards.Long-Term Goals:
- To foster partnerships, networks, and a collaborative culture among member districts, and between member districts and other educational organizations, in aligning curriculum, instruction, and assessment to state content and performance standards and to current research and best practices.
- To help member districts respond meaningfully to state and federal school improvement mandates, such as the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and the electronic Continuous Improvement Plan (eCIP) requirements, and to obtain grant funds to support this process.
- To provide high-quality and effective professional development programs.
- To provide technical assistance and support to districts, schools, and teachers in curriculum-related school improvement and data-based instructional decision-making.
- To advocate on behalf of local school districts, and to champion their perspective, in the development, implementation, and improvement of state-level policies, laws, rules, and programs.
September 1, 2020
September 17, 2020
October 22, 2020
November 19, 2020
December 10, 2020
January 21, 2021
February 18, 2021
March 18, 2021
April 15, 2021
May 20, 2021