NursingWillamette ESD offers school nursing services for districts that require additional assistance to manage specific health needs. Registered nurses assist school districts in maintaining compliance with federal/state mandates and 504 requirements for student health issues. Services can be purchased through Resolution dollars or by individual contracts.
School Nurse Services
Eligible students include special education and regular education children (birth through 21 years) who have special health needs such as seizures, asthma, severe allergies (food or insect bites), diabetes, shunts, Gastrostomy tubes, tracheotomies or catheterizations.
- Development of Health Management Plan (HMP) and Transportation/Bus Protocol which is updated annually and as needed
- Training of staff per HMP, including Anticipated Emergency Tasks such as administration of Epi-pen injection, Glucagon injection, Diastat Rectal Gel
- Delegation of nursing tasks (i.e. G-tube feeding, tracheotomy suctioning) which are student specific
- Consultation with school teams regarding health needs in the educational setting
- Consultation in the development of IEP/IFSPs and 504 Plans