Steps To Take If Your Willamette ESD Equipment Has Been Lost Or Stolen
Within the first four (4) hours:
- Notify your direct supervisor of loss.
- If stolen, report loss to police.
- Contact the Helpdesk at 503.385.4849 and submit a Technology Work Request advising of the loss. This should include a complete narrative of all equipment lost, a description of the situation around the loss, etc. You can also submit this information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By the end of the first working day:
- The Technology Department will provide you with some identifying information about your lost equipment, including make, model, and serial number. Write down this identifying information for your reference.
- If stolen, contact the police department again to update them with the identifying information provided by the Technology Department.
- Complete an inventory of all data stored on or with the equipment, including any student or staff information.
- Provide this data inventory to your supervisor.
By the end of five days:
- If stolen, obtain copies of the police report and provide to Technology Department and Business Office.