Oregon Promise- 90 Credit Limit
Students who are engaging in dual credit or college credit opportunities should be aware of the 90 credit rule within the Oregon Promise. Oregon Promise is a state grant that covers most tuition costs at any Oregon Community College for recent high school graduates and GED recipients who meet the eligibility requirements.
The 90-credit limit is a limit on the total number of college credits you have attempted to earn. Once you have attempted a total of 90 college credits, you are no longer eligible for Oregon Promise. All of the following types of credits count toward the 90 credit limit:
- College credits you take while in high school or as part of a high school completion program
- College credits you take during summer term*
- College credits you take at another college or university while dual-enrolled at a community college
- College credits for courses you withdraw from or fail
- Any other college credits you attempt or complete prior to and during your time as an Oregon Promise recipient