How do I submit an appeal if I’m not meeting SAP standards?

Posted by:

The US Department of Education requires all colleges and universities to establish, publish, and apply standards to monitor each student’s progress toward completing a degree or certificate program. If your college or university notifies you that you aren’t meeting SAP standards, you may be placed on financial aid warning or suspension and may temporarily lose your financial aid. Check with the Financial Aid Office to find out about your school’s specific SAP policies, which can vary by school.

Each college and university has an appeal process. Talk to the Financial Aid Office right away if you are notified that you have been placed on financial aid warning or suspension. Financial Aid officers must follow specific rules and processes in calculating SAP. Some parts of the calculation are flexible and others are not.