College credits earned in high school and SAP

Posted by:

All college credits you attempt – regardless of where or how they are paid for – are counted as part of your Satisfactory Academic Progress. If you receive low grades for college courses taken in high school, you may have SAP issues starting your first term of college. This can also happen if you take courses over the summer before your first year of college and don’t complete them all or receive satisfactory grades. 

Students in short-term certificate programs, such as certificates that are available in various CTE programs, might only be eligible for one term of financial aid. Schools must also calculate a “remaining eligibility period” for all students who are eligible for subsidized student loans, and students lose access to subsidized loans once they exceed their program length.